Tuesday, August 5, 2014

2014 Tomato Tasting and Garden Tour August 24th


On Sunday August 24, I'll open up my farm to visitors.
There are a few things I hope you'll bring if you come, because this tomato tasting of mine is going to be a bit different than other ones I have held here.
I hope you bring the absolute best tasting tomato variety your garden has, a tomato inspired dish if you wish and the requisite chair as I don't have enough.


We'll have a little contest, you see, to decide as a group which tomato we feel tastes the best. Tomato dish too. I'll be giving gift certificates away to the winners, which will be good for plants (2015) or seeds and veggies.


I'll have lots of my tomatoes out to try too, and a few other things too. I've got some exciting new "artisan varieties" for you to consider and then of course some wonderful heirloom varieties. I planted lots of interesting blues this year that are really something to see. Whoa. I mean it. They are pretty stunning. But better yet the taste is there as well.


My event will be held from 1-4 pm. If you want to take part in the  garden tour part of the afternoon, be sure to get here by 1:30 because that is when it will be starting. As usual it will be a tasting tour, I'll hand you things to try as we stroll along.


Everyone is welcome, and $5.00 per person is the cost, free for CSA members. Children are welcome and free, but please be aware that I have a pond and Joey my pig will bite if he is in the mood. Please keep a careful eye out.
I'll supply beverages (non-alcoholic) and snacks for you, but you are welcome to bring your own wine or beer if you wish. If you are bring tomatoes or tomato dishes to share, I'll supply the plates and cutlery.
Please feel free to let me an know if you are coming, just so I can get an idea of numbers.
Hope to see you then!


No comments: