Sunday, January 6, 2013

Niagara Seedy Saturday 2013




This time of year seems really busy.
Most people figure that because I'm a grower I take it a bit easier in the winter.  The gardens aren't full of veggies, that much is true. 
But there are seeds to organize, clean, pack and label for my seed sales, my very large heirloom tomato seedling listing to pull together, my CSA plans to sort out, get all this info on my website and last but far from least, Niagara Seedy Saturday to organize.

First things first. What people really want to know about is Niagara Seedy Saturday, so I will sketch out here what I have planned for 2013.

I must add a huge thank you to PenFinancial Credit Union for their financial support with this years event. And to Jean too, who made this possible!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT 2013 NIAGARA SEEDY SATURDAY!

WHEN: FEB 9, 2013, 10-3 PM

WHERE: GLENGATE ALLIANCE CHURCH, 6009 VALLEYWAY, NIAGARA FALLS, ON

WHO: 
SPEAKERS:
10:05 ELVA TAMMEMAGI, RHIZOME FARM " A YOUNG FARMER IN 
NIAGARA"

10:30 TIFFANY MEYER, "GARDEN OF EATING NIAGARA-RESIDENTIAL FRUIT PICKING PROGRAM"

11 THERESA FORTE, AWARD WINNING GARDEN WRITER-"A POCKET FULL OF MIRACLES, VEGETABLE GARDENING WITH CHILDREN"

12 NOON KATHY RENWALD, WRITER, AUTHOUR, TELEVISION PERSONALITY,
'FOOD AND FLOWERS, A GARDEN ROMANCE"

1PM KAREN BERTELSEN, BLOGGER(AND MORE) "FRONT YARD VEGGIE GARDEN, 3 MUST GROW CROPS" (this is my title, she will have a better one!)

2PM  KATE GREEN, USC "SEED SAVING"


WHY (and what)
Seedy Saturday is a sharing of open pollinated seed! Bring seed to exchange, pick up seed that is donated, buy seed from heirloom seed vendors. Learn from our speakers and enjoy!

ADMISSION is by donation to help me cover my costs. A buck or two is greatly appreciated.

The church is located in the old St Mike's/Lord Elgin High School.
Signs will direct you in..we will be in the cafeteria, and also have additional separate space for our speakers.
We are not the only activity in the church that day. 
Parking is available behind the school, and minimally out front.

You will have the opportunity to purchase a light vegan lunch and coffee, drinks. 

I WILL POST ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT VENDORS, AND MORE DETAILED INFO ON SPEAKERS, BOTH HERE AND ON THE SEEDY SATURDAY NIAGARA FACEBOOK PAGE. 

This should be a great event, the last one I will organize before hopefully turning it over to others. I hope you will come out!





No comments: